Friday, September 23, 2011

Organization gone MAD!!!!

This week I have been an organizational queen!! I believe this is nesting, forget cleaning the house or even going crazy planning the nursery - although I have been doing lots of that too! This week is all about binders!

On Tuesday night I made a pertinent documents binder. I spent about four hours making sure that if something happened to me Cody would know what to do. Or, if something happened to Cody and I simultaneously that someone could pick up this binder and know what our wishes were.




As if that wasn't enough for one week, I went on the search for the perfect planner. While seeking that out, my awesome friend Catherine shared a blog with me that her friend did a blog post where she made a Home Organizational Binder. SOOOOO, I set out to make one too. By Friday, I had all the tabs created, pages printed and I was debating on whether or not to have it bound at Kinkos. I settled on just using a binder for now so I can easily refill the pages. Once I get into the habit of using it I may eventually have it bound and use front/back printed pages ;) The categories for The Berry's Organizational Binder are:

Daily Checklist
Weekly Chores
Meals/Recipes
Exercise
Goals
Kingston
Quotes/Bible Versus
Notes







I want to use this binder to organize every day house management. With Cody's new work schedule 1pm-9pm starting October 1st; I want to use the evenings to make sure I have the house chores/meal planning/couponing/blogging etc. caught up. This way every weekend can be a fun weekend without the non-sense of house stuff.

I also want to use the next three months to get a routine established again. I have been terrible during pregnancy with not cooking, couponing and Cody has done all the cleaning & laundry too. I still want his help of course, but I want us to get into a routine so that when Kingston comes he can have mommy & daddy's complete attention and quality time on the weekends! ;)

And if that still wasn't enough OCD'ness for the week. Catherine and I have decided to get our freezer cooking on too. On October 2nd our adventure will begin. We are each going to choose several meals and buy the ingredients. We are going to cook ALL day and make a double batch of the recipes and then swap them with each other. So, we should have about 15-20 meals EACH to store in the freezer! I am pretty excited to see how this turns out!

My meals are:

Baked Rigatoni
Chicken Rotel
Spinach Quiche
Mexican Meatloaf
Turkey Chili
Chicken Jambalaya
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Chicken Pot Pie
Garlic Meatloaf

I'm excited to see how this works out, and if it all goes according to plan, I would love to make this an every other month tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment